Thursday 20 June 2013

On trend: Juicing (juice ko po!)

"Do I look fat in my outfit?" Ahhh.. the dreaded question that  a girl asks her guy or if she's single (like mwah) her sister or friend. And people please take note the rule is regardless of what she looks like, the answer  should always be NO. So anyway, a few days ago I was able to have an epiphany (sabeeh!) when I asked this question and my sister said "Kinda". My first reaction was "oh no she didn't" ( cue head movements with hand gestures) but then after a few minutes/hours/days (not really,just being dramatic here)of heavy reflection... I realized that she did not break any rule when she said no, she was just being honest. So i guess the challenge for me was when I ask the dreaded question again, was how to avoid getting the answer yes, yah , kinda, sort off etc...
My answer: juicing

My goal : to jumpstart my weightloss (3 days of juicing)

So I said to myself why not substitute 2 of my meals with juice. So the day before the cleanse I prepared my ingredients.
 For juice number 1(I forgot to take a picture): 1/2 kilo of malunggay, 1 whole cucumber, 1/2 kilo talbos ng kamote, 1 whole lemon, and 1 tbsp of ginger (eew you can just imagine the taste)
For Juice number 2: 2 oranges, 1 apple, 1 cucumber, 1 carrot
Juice 2
 Buko/Coconut juice (fresh dapat!)

Coconut Juice


 Now to the good part...... JUICE DAY!

7am: I woke up feeling happy and optimistic that I would be able to finish this "cleanse" with flying colors
8am: My first and last meal of the day...I ate 2 whole eggs with 1 egg white only,  1 slice of papaya, and a handful of almonds
10am: Hungry again (drank buko juice)
12noon: So hungry and started getting cranky so I decided to drink my juice. I sorta drank juice number 1 but was so disgusted with the taste that I drank juice 2 instead. The juice was refreshing and sweet however it doesn't keep you feeling full though.
1-5pm: Everything was a blur because I was cranky due to my hunger pangs and seeing everyone at home eating food. So I decided to take a nap.
7pm: I woke up feeling groggy, tired, and HUNGRY. I cannot emphasize that point enough. So I decided to face my fear and drink Juice 1.
7:30 : Still haven't faced my fear. The juice smelled so bad (being overly dramatic again but try drinking it and see if you don't become a drama queen) that my gag reflex was heightened everytime I opened the bottle.
8pm : Finally faced my fear. Victory is sweet! Or in this case sour, tangy, and just plain eeech!
10pm: Went to bed hungry and vowing that I would never ever try this again.

Was I able to finish the three day juice challenge I gave myself? No
Was I able to reach my goal ? No.
Was I able to learn something? Absolutely. First, juicing is not for everyone. Some people marvel in the results they had with juicing but for some (like me) it's difficult to maintain because aside from feeling hungry(most of the time), you also felt weak. Second, research research research. Before trying something new with your diet, read or ask your doctor about it. As I said earlier this diet may not be good or beneficial for everyone. Lastly, there are no quick fixes to everything and If I want to lose weight, diet and exercise is the answer.. Actually not really a diet but more of a lifestyle change (more about this on my future blogs).

So as of the moment, I am not asking the dreaded question of " Do I look fat in this outfit?"...because I do know the answer (sadly it's a yes :(  ). But I am determined to exercise and do a complete lifestyle change to achieve my goal.

 If you ask me If I would try juicing again in the future? My answer would be... maybe (under dire circumstances).












2 comments:

  1. hi!i would like to share a healthy and effective way of losing weight to u.get rid of those unwanted fats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thank you for reading my blog...what would you recommend? :)

      Delete